Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The deal with the chair...

Oh, the list of questions I'm sure are circling in your head...

'What? What the heck does 'UBER' mean? The website is uberclothing.com? is it a clothing company? and that chair on the blog header...do they design furniture? I don't need furniture..'

Yeah, I know....Let me explain. Where to begin...

The prefix 'uber' is a german word that essentially means 'above all else' or 'supreme'. That's kinda where I strive to be in the design
community. And, ultimately, where I hope to find my clients after
working with them.

Clothing???
Well, actually, the answer to this is 'yes'. Uber started as a
fundraiser for a church youth group. With the youth pastor,
I unveiled a new t-shirt design every month during the
campaign. It completely took off in our community. Not only
were we raising money for the youth mission trip,
but non-church teens were coming to meet so they could pick
up the newest tee!

When the fundraising ended, the youth pastor approached me
about taking this to the next level as a for-profit venture.
I designed a single line and sold them at youth conferences
and music festivals.

After a brief hiatus, I have revisited my dream with a new
collection and hope to have it in stores this fall.

Does UBER design furniture?
Unfortunately, no. If I only had the talent! The chairs are
merely a reflection of my biggest design inspiration.
I absolutely love postwar modern industrial and architectural
design. Clean lines and open spaces make me warm
and fuzzy inside!


That should explain it.


Fall 2006 Line


Fall 2008 Collection

0 comments: