Monday, June 29, 2009

A pocket-sized experience

I've heard it said that the master bedroom is always the last one to get a facelift. Ironic how the owner of the house is the last to reap the benefits of new sheets, new paint, and new furniture. Such is the life of a designer.

For UD+M, it was time. New site, New blog, check. check. New business cards. check...soon. I spent the end of last week playing with some designs for my little wallet-size 'sales executives'. I wanted something that conveyed my clean, 'info up-front' style in an interesting, beautiful way. 


So here's what I ended up with:






























I haven't figured out which side is technically the front, which turns out to be a good thing. It provokes the reader to interact with the card, flipping it over, reading both sides. We're in the business of creating EXPERIENCES, folks!


There's a lot of great collections of great business card designs out there for inspiration. Came across one the other day that I really love. The yellow cards are all printed with the same information. But each sleeve has a different pattern of diecuts to display specific information for each employee. Genius!

0 comments: