Wednesday, June 24, 2009

UD+M Miscellany



Yesterday, I (and by 'I', I mean 'we'. More on that in a sec) had the opportunity to art direct a photo shoot for a client's website. After getting started with ReadyHang's new online presence, it became clear that we were going to need some quality, custom photography.

With a vision for what I wanted for the site and what I needed from a photographer, I set out to find the perfect fit. Cue, Kris D'Amico

Because this was a web-based project, it was crucial that these images translate great on-screen, first. I was incredibly impressed with Kris' understanding of on-screen photography and what that meant for lighting and color. 

Kris brought a level of fun and professionalism to the shoot that made the experience wonderful. He brought his own vision, but also took direction very well. If you are in need of a photographer for an upcoming shoot, I recommend Kris wholeheartedly.

You can see the homepage concept for ReadyHang's new site on our portfolio page.






Now, on to new UD+M news...Raechel and I have decided to take on an apprentice through the summer. Katie Markus, a student at O'More College of Design, will be working for UD+M through mid-August. Katie is a very talented designer with a passion for motocross, Fox Racing, and Betsey Johnson. She can also design a killer t-shirt... She's taken the lead on a current project for Parish Presbyterian's Bucer group, a high school age missions-centered group). Check out these initial concepts:






Katie also played a big part in the shoot yesterday. From cutting lemons to moving furniture to styling sets, Katie was in the mix and greatly appreciated. Stay tuned for more of Katie's showcased work.

UD+M just finished up a site for a friend and client, Solutions Consulting. They're an intriguing little company with an intriguing set of services to offer. Take a look at the newly launched site to find out what they're all about.

There's lots more on deck for UD+M, but that doesn't mean that we don't want to talk with you about your design and marketing needs. We're always looking for new opportunities to collaborate with new businesses. Check out the site, or send us an e-mail. And don't forget to hang out with us on twitter. You never know what useless info you may come across.

2 comments:

Mr. Nordmann said...

I have followed your blog for quite a while and fall in love with each and every shirt that I see. Well done. Just thought I would throw some kudos your way. Keep it up!

Mr. Nordmann said...

Ryan- thanks for your response. Honestly, I had no intention of completing the P90X program but wanted something to refresh and change my workouts. I have continued to use them occasionally with solid results. I can't imagine the results if I followed the workouts as they are designed. Yikes.