Friday, January 09, 2009

Fresh Friday

In order to make it easier to post more frequently, I have decided to implement a couple standard postings throughout the week. Stealing the idea directly from my wife, who stole it from someone else (and so on and so on, until we reach the originator...Thank you, random person, wherever you are), Fridays will now be Fresh Fridays. This will allow me to keep the blog up and lively and showcase a piece of my recent work. 

Secondly, in the spirit of design speaking for itself, Wordless Wednesdays will be just that. Showcases of design so good, nothing else needs to be said (oh, to be in that number!)

So, to kick things off on this Fresh Work Friday, I just completed a blog design for a brand new startup site, VinoCulture.com. VC is all things wine. The client requested a merging of, in pure wine terminology 'old world' and 'new world'.


(Click to see full layout)

I love it when clients give me free reign to really art direct the site. In this project, I art directed and designed the header bottle, glass illustrations, layout, and widget titles.

This was the initial concept that was presented. While the overall design took some detours to get to the final look, this is really my favorite. 

So, for all you wine lovers out there, check out the best designed wine blog on the web, vinoculture.com. It should be skinned and live in a few weeks.

UD+M specializes in creating custom solutions for individual problems. Let us take you out for a cup of coffee and some good conversation and tell us about your vision for your business. 

2 comments:

Raechel said...

I have a vision for my blog header and I have recently learned to enjoy a cup of coffee. Let's make a date!

Anonymous said...

I truly love this design!!